What Sandpaper to Use for Sanding Wood?
1. Iron sandpaper. Iron sandpaper is a common dry sandpaper commonly used for sanding metal surfaces, but it can also be used for sanding wood, but is generally used for rough sanding.
2. Water sandpaper. Water sandpaper can also be used to polish wood, but since it requires water to polish, it has a greater impact on the wood and is generally less used.
3. Wood sandpaper. As the name suggests, wood sandpaper is specifically used to sand wood. According to different grinding requirements, different types of wood sandpaper are used for grinding.
Common wood sandpaper models and usage techniques are as follows:
1. In the state of white stubble, generally use 80# sandpaper to polish to remove the scars, wood hair, and dirt of the white stubble.
2. After the initial polishing is completed, 360# sandpaper is generally used for edge closing and deburring. Using the flat sanding technique, use sandpaper to wrap hard rubber or small wood chips for large area sanding.
3. After the wood products are painted, use 360# sandpaper to fully polish the primer, and then use 600# sandpaper to deal with the sand marks.
4. For final polishing, 1000-1500# sandpaper can be used to fully polish. After polishing and brightening, the final painting can be carried out.